At St Margaret Mary’s, we believe that an individuals wellbeing is nurtured through experiences of belonging, building relationships with others, being accepted and valued and by being positively engaged in the community. We do this by:
- Encouraging Positive Relationships: student-student, student-teacher, teacher- teacher, parent-teacher
- Implementing Restorative Practices for conflict resolution
- Involving students in social and emotional learning to encourage resilience and independence
- Collaboratively implementing the Whole School Positive Behaviour Management
- Generating Individual Learning Plans for students who require additional support or extension in their learning.
- Organise regular Parent Support Group meetings to ensure we are providing ongoing and effective support for our students with special needs.
- Ensuring a nurturing and enjoyable Buddy Program for Prep students
- Running a Student Representative Council where students are elected by class members to represent them at meetings with the Religious Education Leader and Deputy Principal
Our School Rules
Our school rules and social expectations are vital in ensuring a healthy, happy school environment. All students, teachers and families are encouraged to learn our rules and social expectations so that they are implemented consistently across the school.
We believe our social expectations are the key to happy, supportive and resilient children.
St Margaret Mary’s encourages all children, staff and families to be sun smart. We have a ‘NO HAT, NO PLAY’ policy from September to April.
Story Dogs at our School!
Our school is lucky to have a visiting Story Dog- Brenner. He comes in with his owner and listens to some of our children read.
Learn about Story Dogs