At St. Margaret Mary’s we adopt teaching and learning strategies in Mathematics that enables students to be actively engaged in the learning process. Our Numeracy program aims to cover the requirements of the Victorian Curriculum through encouraging a variety of knowledge building and authentic experiences.
This is achieved by…
- Providing mathematical investigations that allow children to hypothesis and discover for themselves
- Ensuring students have hands on tasks and work with materials that will support and deepen their learning.
- Developing student’s problem solving strategies so they have the skills and confidence to problem solve in everyday life.
- Providing purposeful and realistic mathematical investigations that connect to real world experiences.
- Ensuring individual students learning needs are met through explicit teaching and learning tasks aimed at supporting or extending a student’s learning.